Personal Injury Lawyer in Rhode Island Representing Victims of Burn Injuries
The Pawtucket law office of Raymond A. Pacia handles a broad range of personal injury cases arising from all types of accidents. Over the course of 30 years, Attorney Pacia has represented many clients suffering from burn injuries, and understands the unique issues associated with these claims, from accounting for long recovery times to recognizing emotional trauma.
Pawtucket Injury Attorney Explains Causes & Types of Burn Injuries
Burn injuries can result from auto accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, and bicycle accidents. Additionally, burn injuries often occur in industrial settings, such as construction sites and factories. Burns may be caused not only by fire and explosions, but also by chemical exposure and radiation. Types of burns include:
- Heat Burns - Heat burns, or thermal burns, are caused by fire, steam, hot objects or hot liquids. Scald burns from hot liquids, such as too hot coffee, are the most common burns suffered by children and older adults. Gas explosions can also cause heat burns.
- Friction Burns - Friction burns―a combination of a scrape and a heat burn―are caused by contact with any hard surface, such as roads, sidewalks or indoor flooring. Motorcycle and bicycle riders involved in road accidents are especially vulnerable to severe friction burns when their skin scrapes asphalt or pavement.
- Electrical Burns - Electrical burns are caused by contact with electrical sources, such as exposed wiring and uncovered outlets.
- Chemical Burns - Chemical burns are caused by contact with household or industrial chemicals in a liquid, solid or gas form.
- Radiation Burns - Radiation burns are caused by the sun, tanning booths, sunlamps, X-rays, or radiation therapy for cancer treatment.
Burn injuries can result in long-term treatment and rehabilitation, depending on the nature, severity and location of the burns. There is also the possibility of multiple surgeries to minimize physical and cosmetic damage, and even then a complete recovery may not be possible. In addition to scarring and disfigurement, burn victims often experience extensive emotional trauma that can stay with them for a lifetime.
The law office of Ray Pacia helps victims seek compensation from any responsible parties for the costs of those injuries, including past and future medical expenses, lost wages, inability to do normal activities, and the length of healing and rehabilitation.
Talk to an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer in Rhode Island
If you or a loved one h